Changing the lives of survivors and volunteers worldwide
Foyer d’Orelph Orphanage
We're working with the Foyer d’Orelph Orphanage to improve the living conditions of the 53 chidren who live there and help more children from the surrounding community attend the orphanage's free school.
Started March 29th, 2011. Consruction completed. Fundraising for scholarships for all children ongoing.
- Provide safe, dry classroom space for all the children at the orphanage and at least a further 50 children from the surrounding community by building roofs on six unfinished spaces, providing six dry, safe classrooms and building furniture for the school
- Create a dry, sanitary cooking and eating space by providing roofing and concrete floors
- Address sanitation issues by building concrete walkways between the kitchen, school, living quarters, and a drainage system
- Sanitation improved by new cooking area and concrete walkways
- All classroom roofs complete
Prior to the earthquake, the Foyer d’Orelph Orphanage was a small association which looked after ten children. After the earthquake, the population swelled, and the directors found themselves with 53 children in their care.
While they have tried valiantly to look after the children, they simply don’t have capacity to take care of all the children’s needs. As a result, the children’s sanitary conditions and educations have suffered.
We’ll be working with the orphanage to provide roofs over three classrooms, furniture for the school, sanitary facilities, and financial support for the school so that more children can attend the orphanage’s free school as part of our scholarship programme.
Our investment in the Foyer d’Orelph Orphanage will not only affect the lives of the children who live there, but increase access to education for at least 50 children in the surrounding community.
With Thanks to:
- Burners Without Borders for their donation to help the orphanage register with the government
- The Project Solution for their generous donation of $2,700 (EU 1,855) for roofing and drainage improvements.
- All the donors who have donated of $3,900 (EU 2,700) toward our work at the orphanage
Support this project:
While construction work has been completed, all of the children in the orphanage are part of our scholarship programme. Please give generously so that these vulnerable children can recieve the education they need to build a