Changing the lives of survivors and volunteers worldwide
La Main Tendre Orphanage and School
Prior to the earthquake, La Main Tendre Orphanage housed all thirty of its children in a large comfortable building with a free school. The earthquake destroyed that structure as well as the school. We've already helped the orphanage re-open its school, and now we're helping them reach their construction goals.
- Ensure that the thirty school-age children at the orphanage can go to school
- Rebuild security wall
- Concrete communal outdoor area and provide drainage
- Transitional classrooms constructed and 30 school-age children back at school
- Desks, school supplies, dividing walls and a chalkboard provided for this free school
- Construction of security wall complete
- Drainage system construction complete
Since October, 2010, we’ve worked with the La Main Tendre Orphanage to build a transitional classroom on the orphanage’s property, ensuring that all the children were able to attend class, equip that school with desks, school supplies, and a chalkboard, and provide health education.
Today, our work with the LMT orphanage is complete, and we're delighted by how they've used the tools we provided to build a more sustainable future.